FE21 Mega Far Eastern Deptartment Store
One of the biggest department stores in Hsinchu is the FE21 Mega Far East Department Store. All sorts of brand-name fashion goods are available here, so you’ll see familiar names like Nike and Coach. Foodies will also love trawling the food court for a cornucopia of delicious Taiwanese and western fare, while kids will love the indoor playground as well as the toy store.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: No. 323, Xida Road, East District, Hsinchu City, Taiwan 300
- Tel: +886 (0)3 523 3121
Hsinchu Weekend Flower Market
The Hsinchu Weekend Flower Market is a vibrant place, full of colours and buzzing activity as loud vendors peddle their wares. They’re known to gamely engage tourists in price negotiations but are not too forceful as to scare them away. Fruits, flowers, snacks and even pet kittens are some of the things you will find here. Tip: It’s best to come earlier in the morning.
- Opening Hours: Saturday–Sunday from 8am to 7pm
- Location: Bo'ai Street, East District, Hsinchu City, Taiwan 300
Far Eastern SOGO Hsinchu Station Store
The SOGO Department Store chain is from Japan, but is thriving in Hsinchu. There are 2 branches in the city. Besides the brand name stores here, visitors flock to the mall for the large cineplexes, where their movie-going experience is enhanced by plush seats and all-encompassing snack stands.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 9.30pm (Fridays and Saturdays until 10pm)
- Location: No. 2, Minzu Road, East District, Hsinchu City, Taiwan 300
- Tel: +886 (0)3 522 7000