Barcode is one of the swankiest bars in Kaohisung, with ties and similarities to high-end establishments in Taipei. It has 2 DJ booths, an awesome audio system, a lounge, and world-class cocktails. It’s also known to be a favourite haunt of celebs. The club is famous for its strict dress code, so make sure you dress to impress.
The music selection is perhaps one of the club’s best features, with DJs selecting the best in classic house, acid jazz, funk, new wave and more. Guest DJ appearances and special party nights are fairly frequent throughout the year.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9pm to 3am
- Location: No. 38, Wenshang Road, Zuoying District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 813
- Tel: +886 (0)918 859 085
Brickyard is famous for its live music and its themed clubbing nights. Every Wednesday is both student and ladies night while Thursdays are gay-friendly and Fridays are Latin night. As you might expect, the club attracts a very varied but lively international crowd. It's the go-to choice for most of the city's expats.
There is a cover charge every night, which also pays for your first drink, but the charges are generally reasonable. Unusually, for a nightclub, the food at Brickyard is really good.
- Opening Hours: Wednesday–Saturday from 9pm to late
- Location: No. 507, Zhongshan 2nd Road, Qianjin District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 801
- Tel: +886 (0)7 215 0024
Lamp Disco is a luxury club close to 85 Sky Tower, in the heart of Kaohsiung. Despite the fact that the dancefloor is a whopping 1,200 sq m and the cover charge is a little high, relative to other places, it still manages to fill to capacity most nights thanks to its great atmosphere and music. You’ll find internationally renowned DJs up on stage from time to time, as well as energy dancers setting the upbeat tone.
- Opening Hours: Wednesday–Sunday from 10pm to late (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Location: 3F, No. 42, Ziqiang 3rd Road, Lingya District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 802
- Tel: +886 (0)7 269 6527
Lush is a high-class lounge bar with relaxation and comfort etched into its every brick. There are plenty of plush, comfy sofas, from which you can enjoy the great music and excellent food and drinks, all while bathed in soft, soothing lighting. It’s probably the best place in Kaohsiung if you’re looking to just chill out with friends.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9pm to 5am
- Location: No. 14-25, Zhongshan 1st Road, Xinxing District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 800
- Tel: +886 (0)7 221 8865
Urban Spotlight is something of a cross between a public space, an art exhibition and a nightclub. A relatively quiet city park by day, at night, just when the evening sets in, the whole area lights up. There are a number of bands that perform live here and the coffee shops bustle with people. You can see locals and visitors having a good time and feasting on ultra-delectable food at the stalls, which are especially famous for their seafood.
- Location: No. 6, Zhonghua 3rd Road, Qianjin District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan 801