What to Do at Night in Nantou
There aren’t that many bars, pubs and discos in Nantou County, but that does not mean that nightlife here is boring. On the contrary, there are plenty of cultural shows and performances you can visit and cultural centres stay open past dinnertime and welcome travelers by the busload.
Several pubs and resto-bars are found scattered around Puli Township or even in Taichung, but the best pub can be found at the Crystal Resort Sun Moon Lake Hotel. It has a regular clientele, and while you may pay more for a beer, you will certainly enjoy the elegant environment.Read More
- Grand Island Tour
- Mangrove Forest & Eagle Watching Tour
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Private Angkor Thom, Bayon, Ta Prohm & Angkor Wat Tour
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
Crystal Resort Sun Moon Lake Pub
Pubs and bars are few and far in between when it comes to Nantou nightlife, but travelers around the area regularly flock to the Crystal Resort Sun Moon Lake Pub/Bar for a night of fun. Located within the five-star Crystal Resort Sun Moon Lake Hotel, pub-goers are assured of an enjoyable experience with the serene and classy atmosphere.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Sun Moon Lake
Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village
Looking to amuse and educate yourself with cultural aboriginal shows at night? The Formosan Aboriginal Cultural Village is the place to be. Ask your tour guide for a trip to the village and you will be enthralled with the range of shows specially performed by the Yamei, Puwan and Yen tribes. Dinner is also served and travelers can taste authentic dishes exquisitely prepared by master chefs in the tribes.
- Location: Talin Village, Yizhi Town, Nantou County (adjacent to Sun Moon Lake)
Puli Wednesday Night Market
The Puli Wednesday Night Market may not be a huge market to explore, but it is one of the most charming places in Puli. With a wide range of food and local produce to be bought, travelers can while away their time and visit this marketplace for a taste of Nantou’s best offerings. There are also game stalls here, and children will delight in the activities while adults can mingle with the locals and savour the delicacies. Specialties here include Taiwanese sausages, cuttlefish and smelly tofu.
- Opening Hours: 17:00 untill late
- Location: Zhongzheng Road, Puli town