Golden Beach is the biggest in Tainan city. It is about 50 metres wide and four kilometres long. This beach is often referred to as the ‘kingdom of sand’ and is ideal for activities like beach football and beach volleyball. The Taiwan kitesurfing centre is located here.
- How to get there: From downtown, take Minsheng Road west to Zhonghua West Road/Highway 17.
Taijiang Ecological Culture Zone
The boat rides along the wetlands of Sihcao Wildlife Preserve and the mangrove green tunnel are the main activities in this area. The exciting boat ride to the wetlands takes about 70 minutes and the mangrove green tunnel ride about 30 minutes. The zone also features several walking paths, a whale museum, Artillery Fort, and the Dazhong Temple.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 17:30
- How to get there: Follow Sihcao Boulevard to the north and turn right at Da Zhong Street.
Tainan Athletic Park
The Tainan Athletic Park will provide you with plenty of recreational activities within its 130-acre area. It has numerous indoor and outdoor tennis courts open to the general public and you will also find a skateboard arena, a shooting range, a badminton club, and a basketball court. The park is excellent for biking, walking or just rolling about on your skateboard.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 18:45
- Location: The area is enclosed by Nanmen Road to the west, Dalin Road on the south, Datong Road at the east, and Jiangkang Road on the north.
Located near the railway station, Tainan Park is a popular spot. It includes a music hall, a library, and an amphitheater. Older folks get themselves engaged by playing chess. You can relax by fishing in one of the beautiful ponds while the kids can jump around in the park’s playgrounds.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 18:00
- Location: Gongyuan Rd, North District
Tainan Spa World
This venue offers a lot more than just beauty treatments and massage. It features excellent outdoor and indoor pools. There are also arrangements for a fun pool and a giant water slide.
- Opening Hours: 06:00 - 11:30, 13:30-22:30 (indoor pool)
06:00-8:30, 09:00-11:30, 13:30-17:00, 18:30-21:30 (outdoor pool)