What to Do in Tainan
Tainan is a small city but it is not short of activities. This, the oldest city of Taiwan, has plenty of parks, beaches and activity spots to keep you and your family engaged for an entire week. The wonderful beaches in and around the city deserves a special mentioning: One such beach located near downtown Tainan is the Anping Beach. It is also known as the Bridge-end Beach Park or the Chiao Tou Beach Park and is popular for windsurfing and swimming.
Compared to Tainan’s Golden Beach, Anping is smaller and a lot more intimate and is just minutes away from the tourist sites of Anping. Skimboarding is the most popular sporting activity on this beach. However, as with many other beaches in Tainan, you should avoid Anping during the typhoon season.
Here are some of the most popular activity spots in the city.Read More
- Grand Island Tour
- Mangrove Forest & Eagle Watching Tour
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Private Angkor Thom, Bayon, Ta Prohm & Angkor Wat Tour
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
Golden Beach is the biggest in Tainan city. It is about 50 metres wide and four kilometres long. This beach is often referred to as the ‘kingdom of sand’ and is ideal for activities like beach football and beach volleyball. The Taiwan kitesurfing centre is located here.
- How to get there: From downtown, take Minsheng Road west to Zhonghua West Road/Highway 17.
Taijiang Ecological Culture Zone
The boat rides along the wetlands of Sihcao Wildlife Preserve and the mangrove green tunnel are the main activities in this area. The exciting boat ride to the wetlands takes about 70 minutes and the mangrove green tunnel ride about 30 minutes. The zone also features several walking paths, a whale museum, Artillery Fort, and the Dazhong Temple.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 17:30
- How to get there: Follow Sihcao Boulevard to the north and turn right at Da Zhong Street.
Tainan Athletic Park
The Tainan Athletic Park will provide you with plenty of recreational activities within its 130-acre area. It has numerous indoor and outdoor tennis courts open to the general public and you will also find a skateboard arena, a shooting range, a badminton club, and a basketball court. The park is excellent for biking, walking or just rolling about on your skateboard.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 18:45
- Location: The area is enclosed by Nanmen Road to the west, Dalin Road on the south, Datong Road at the east, and Jiangkang Road on the north.
Located near the railway station, Tainan Park is a popular spot. It includes a music hall, a library, and an amphitheater. Older folks get themselves engaged by playing chess. You can relax by fishing in one of the beautiful ponds while the kids can jump around in the park’s playgrounds.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 18:00
- Location: Gongyuan Rd, North District
Tainan Spa World
This venue offers a lot more than just beauty treatments and massage. It features excellent outdoor and indoor pools. There are also arrangements for a fun pool and a giant water slide.
- Opening Hours: 06:00 - 11:30, 13:30-22:30 (indoor pool)
06:00-8:30, 09:00-11:30, 13:30-17:00, 18:30-21:30 (outdoor pool)