Chou's Shrimp Roll
From being a mere roadside stall, Chou’s has become a full-blown restaurant serving some of the best shrimp rolls in Tainan. It kept the emphasis on speed and simplicity and has a fast-food sort of feel and ordering system.
The joint is popular with those who like a casual setting, good food and lots of beery conversation. It also has air conditioning, making it a good place to get out of the midday sun.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: No. 125, Anping Road, Anping District, Tainan City, Taiwan 708
- Tel: +886 (0)6 280 1304
Corner Steak House
The fillet minion at the Corner Steak House is exceptional and is served with vegetables and mashed potatoes. Much of the rest of the menu is Italian cuisine, all expertly prepared using first-class ingredients.
The restaurant is located near the National Cheng Kung University, in a narrow, nondescript alley. The service is famously friendly and professional, and the prices are very reasonable for the quality of the experience.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 2pm and 5.30pm to 9pm
- Location: No. 12, Lane 22, Daxue Road, East District, Tainan City, Taiwan 701
- Tel: +886 (0)6 275 4321
Fu Lou Restaurant
Fu Lou Restaurant is popular with local families because of its diverse menu and fast, friendly service. The menu includes Taiwanese, Chinese and Japanese preparations, mostly at very reasonable prices.
The seafood dishes are the main attraction, with a live seafood station available. The menu is available in English, Japanese and Chinese, which is fortunate as few of the staff speak much other than Chinese. It would be a great shame to miss out on a meal here just because of a language barrier.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 2pm and 5pm to 10.30pm
- Location: No. 300, Section 1, Yonghua Road, West Central District, Tainan City, Taiwan 700
- Tel: +886 (0)6 295 7777
Lily Fruit Shop
Lily Fruit Shop is more famous for its fruit-flavoured ice desserts than just fruit. A popular Taiwanese treat, the shaved ice mountain is perfect for cooling you down on a hot day. The star of the menu at Lily Fruit shop is the mango milk flavour, which is significantly cheaper here than it would be in Taipei. Large platters of fresh fruit are also available, also at excellent prices.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 11am to 10.30pm (closed on Mondays)
- Location: No. 199, Section 1, Fuqian Road, West Central District, Tainan City, Taiwan 700
- Tel: +886 (0)6 213 7522