Tainan Restaurants & Dining
Where and What to Eat in Tainan
Tainan is the oldest city of the country of Taiwan and is known as the City of the Phoenix. The name is synonymous with the constant metamorphosis in its cuisine, economy and culture. If you are vacationing here, you must try the local cuisine to get a taste of the flavours of Tainan. Here is a list of restaurants in Tainan that should make your holiday a gastronomic one!Read More
- Grand Island Tour
- Mangrove Forest & Eagle Watching Tour
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Private Angkor Thom, Bayon, Ta Prohm & Angkor Wat Tour
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
Chou Shrimp Roll
From being a mere roadside stall Chou has become a full-blown restaurant serving some of the best shrimp rolls in Tainan. The joint is frequented by those who like a casual setting, good food and lots of beery conversation.
Corner Steak House
The fillet minion at the Corner Steak House is worth dying for and is served with vegetables and mashed potatoes. The restaurant is located near the university in a narrow, nondescript alley. Service is excellent and the prices are reasonable. All in all, everyone should try it to believe how good this place is. Check out their website at http://www.cornercaffe.com.tw for further details.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 22:30
- Location: Da Shuie Road
Fu Lou Restaurant
There is something for everyone at the Fu Lou Restaurant. So if you like spicy food, you can try the Kong Pau chicken and if you prefer your food served mild, the grilled shrimp will do. The chicken has a subtle garlic flavour, just right to bring out the tenderness of the meat.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 14:00
- Location: No. 300 Yong Hua Road
Gourmet Rhythm Concord
If you are looking for a romantic restaurant you can’t go wrong here. The place serves multinational cuisine but with a Chinese-language menu! The interiors have a touch of contemporary art fitted with state-of-the-art sound system.
Light Inn Thai Restaurant
If you want spicy Thai curry served to you in a refined ambience you must try out the Light Inn Thai Restaurant. Opening times can be checked at the front desk of the Light Inn Hotel.
- Location: No. 23 Kuang Hsien Street., West District
Lily Fruit Shop
The interesting thing about Lily Fruit Shop is that you get flavoured ice here along with fruit. The mango milk flavor in ice is most popular. Much cheaper than in Taipei.
Turkish House Restaurant
The Turkish-style shish kebabs, soups and salads at the Turkish House are the best-known dishes on the menu. The cheese/egg bread accompanied by hot salad makes for a fantastic combination.
- Location: No. 229 Dong Feng Road
The steaks prepared here are outstanding as they are marinated for six days. Try the delicious lamb if you are not a beef person.
- Opening Hours: 11.30 – 14:30, 17:30 – 22:00
- Location: No. 121 Nanmen Road, West Central District