What to Do at Night in Tainan
The nightlife in Tainan is nowhere near the same as a big city but still there are plenty of places that will keep you entertained. For instance, Haian Road is an excellent place if you want to enjoy simple street nightlife. The sidewalks here are very wide and the restaurants and bars on this street take full advantage of it so you get the option of enjoying your beer and barbeque outdoors and several beer gardens in the city are based on this concept.
Night markets are an important part of Tainan’s culture and for many they are the heart and soul of the city. You will find almost everything here from T-shirts, costume jewellery, purses to pastries, candy, and iced drinks. Most of the goods and the food items at these night markets are a lot cheaper compared to the town’s stores and restaurants. There’s also plenty of entertainment in store for you at these markets; you can join in at playing games like mahjong bingo and darts as well as fairground games for the kids.
Some of the best places in the city are as follows.Read More
- Grand Island Tour
- Mangrove Forest & Eagle Watching Tour
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Private Angkor Thom, Bayon, Ta Prohm & Angkor Wat Tour
- Small-Group Halong Bay Day Cruise
- Small-Group Saigon Night Tour & Dinner Cruise
- Local Flavors Food Walking Tour
- Small-Group Full-Day Mekong Delta Cruise
The space inside this bar is somewhat crampled and so it is advisable to come in small groups. The interior is very dark and so a candlelit dinner would be good here and the quality of food here is good, the music is not loud and tourists love this place.
- Opening Hours: Sun - Fri 20:00– 03:00, Sat 15:00 – 03:00
- Location: Haian Road section 2, West Central District
Kinks has been renovated and reconstructed from an old house and has preserved the house’s old furniture to create a 1970’s ambience. There are several rooms along with an additional seating arrangement in the back garden. Kinks Pub is known for its Belgian beers.
- Opening Hours: Tue - Sun 14:00 – 02:00, Mon 20:30 – 02:00
- Location: Lane 232, No. 25 Qingnian Rd., East District
The Red Wolf is a well-known sports bar with several dartboards and a pool table. Its satellite TVs are an important attraction during important games. This primarily male dominated bar organises ‘ladies special nights’ on Wednesdays and is also a good spot for music lovers as the second floor features live performances and magical tunes spun by the in-house DJs. Most of the important performances take place at weekends.
- Opening Hours: Daily 20:00-05:00
- Location: No. 229 Gongyuan Road, North District
Siaobei Night Market
Siaobei night market is a popular one and has more than 200 food stalls. The snacks in these stalls are simply delicious and out of the local delicacies – the rice cakes, marlin soup, and the eel noodles are the most popular.
- Opening Hours: Tue - Fri 17:00-22:00
- Location: Shao Bei and Ximen intersection
This bar is absolutely unique. Its first floor has a contemporary look with Disney characters and Marvel Comic superheroes featured on its walls while the second floor aims to create memories from the past with old telephones and fans. You must try Taikoo’s French fries, they are superb! The beer however is a bit pricey.
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thu 18:00 – 02:00, Fri – Sun 16:00 – 03:00
- Location: No.94 Shennong Street
Tin Pan Alley
Tin Pan Alley is a unique open-air bar-cum-restaurant and is considered among the most popular nightspots in Tainan. Live bands and DJs perform at the weekends and Tin Pan Alley is also known for its events and theme nights. It has the best American food in the city.
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thu 14:00-02:00, Friday – Sunday 14:00 - 04:00
- Location: No. 28 Beimen Road, Section 2, North District
The Armory is a place where locals and tourists bond. It is largely an English environment and most of the locals who come here can speak the language well. The menu consists of Chinese and English dishes with imported beer. Excellent vegetarian food is also available. The place is most crowded on Saturdays.
- Opening Hours: 22:00 –04:00 (officially)
- Location: No.82 Gongyuan South Road, North District
The Orient Pub
This pub is actually a nightclub so its name is quite deceptive. Arguably it is the best party place in town and has a neon dance floor and electrifying ambience with black, red, and shiny gold wallpaper. The DJs and the live shows make the place even more happening. Private rooms and booths are also available through prior reservation.
- Opening Hours: Sun - Wed 22:30 - 06:00, Thu - Sat 21:30 - 06:00
- Location: 3F, No. 662 Ximen Road, Sec. 1, West Central District
The bar lives up to its name with its location under a bridge on the western end of the railway station. Dim lights and light background music lend a magical touch to the ambience of this bar. PlayStation games often feature on the bar’s giant screen.
- Opening Hours: 21:00 - 04:00
- Location: No. 20 Dongmen Road Sec. 1, West Central District
Willy’s Second Base Bar & Grill
Willy’s is a spacious bar and can accommodate a good number of people. It is known for its grilled food and has adopted an American style and look for its bar. In reality, it’s a sports bar with a darts board, a pool table and a giant screen T.V. It also provides facilities for wireless internet. The food is excellent and you must taste the Tex-Mex delicacies, pasta dishes, pizzas and salads.
- Opening Hours: Tue - Sun 18:00 – late, Happy hours: 18:00 - 20:00 (Daily)
- Location: No. 321, Sec. 2 Jiankang Road, South District