Central Shopping District
Besides department stores, the Central Shopping District also has some clothes stores like NET which provides quality goods at reasonable prices. You will also find an open food market known as the South Park in this area. Live musical performances are also held at the weekends.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 20:00
- Location: Just outside Tainan Railway Station.
Fuzhong Street is dotted with teahouses, eateries, and cafes and on holidays and weekends it becomes very crowded. The place is also ideal for picking up unique souvenirs.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 18:00
- Location: Placed between Kaishan Road and Nanmen Road; near the Confucian Temple.
The shops Guohua Street are very similar to the ones in Taipei and the street is renowned for its small food stalls and delicious snacks from all over Taiwan. Price ranges vary from shop to shop and they are a lot better-priced compared to the big department stores.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 23:00
- Location: Placed between Minsheng and Fuqian.
Hola Home Furnishings
Hola Home Furnishings offers cushions, bedding, lighting, bath towels, small furniture, and kitchen tools. The goods are pricey for a small city like Tainan but less expensive compared to department stores such as Mitsukoshi.
- Opening Hours: Sun - Thu 10:00 - 22:00, Fri - Sat 10:00 - 22:30
- Location: No. 779 Zhongshan Road, Life 1 Life Plaza, Rende Township
Nanmen Weekend Flower Market
There are several places to buy flowers and plants in the city, but none can be compared with the Tainan Flower Market. Moreover, its convenient location between the Great South Gate and the Confucius Temple has made it a popular destination.
- Opening Hours: Sat - Sun 08:00 - 18:00
- Location: No. 28 Nanmen Road, West Central District
Shinkong Mitsukoshi Department Store – New Life Square
Shinkong Mitsukoshi is the biggest department store in the city. It has nine spacious floors consisting of cosmetics and fashion accessories, ladies’ and men’s wear, international boutiques, children’s wear, casual wear, and home décor. It also has a fabulous food emporium. However, the prices of clothes and food are all very high in this store.
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 - 22:00
- Location: No. 658 Ximen Road Section 1, West Central District
Singda Harbour Fish Market
Singda Harbour fish market gets extremely crowded on the weekends. Here you will get crabs, oysters, shrimp, octopus, eel, and all kinds of fish plus seafood snacks at the food stalls.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 20:00 (weekends), 14:00 - 19:00 (weekdays)
- Location: About 13km from the Minsheng/Zhonghua West Road down to Jiading.
Tainan’s Jade Market
This is the place to shop for jade, paintings, woodwork and pottery. Here you can also get antique incense burners, hand-painted ceramics, ornate wooden boxes, and old perfume bottles. You can also collect some interesting Tainan crafts as souvenirs.
- Opening Hours: Mon, Tue and Sat 08:00-16:30
- Location: No. 68 – 70 Lin An Road, Section 1
If you want to shop for clothes in Tainan then head to Zhongzheng Road. The shops here get busy and crowded, especially at night. Reasonably priced chain stores like Hang Ten and Easy Shop are very popular and this road is also famous for its jewellery outlets.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 22:30
- Location: Zhongzheng Road is between Kangle and Yongfu.